Many bloggers and Webmasters have turned to Adsense in order to monetize their sites. However, as many of you are learning, making a killing with Adsense involves more than just throwing some ads up on your pages.
If you've been using Google 's AdSense on your Website or Blog, you're probably wanting to generate even more traffic for your website, which in turn would translate to more AdSense clicks and a higher income. I mean, who wouldn't want that, right?
How do you do this? You'll never make much money with Adsense until you have a lot of traffic. I'll let you in on an Adsense secret right now. Social traffic and tech traffic doesn't convert well with Adsense. They are Adsense wise and rarely click on any ad, especially an Adsense ad.
Who clicks on them? Organic search traffic. Yeah, the horny teenagers and Senior Citzens. Those are your best clickers.
So here are a 7 tips for optimizing your Adsense websites.
1. you need to take care of is the actual source code and layout of your page. This has to be kept as simple as possible. The problem comes when AdSense and the search engines themselves begin to have troubles in extracting the most relevant keywords on your site because of a too complex layout. Simple templates are better!
2. try to have each one of your pages target only one specific keyword. This way it is a lot easier for them to be indexed properly and for the AdSense ads to be consistent with the content of the site itself.
3. try not to include too many hyperlinks in your page as well. This also means you should try not to use too many AdSense ads on your page either. I only use 1 or 2 Adsense ads per page. Using more will bring down the price per click your receive.
4. If there are certain keywords you wish to target, make sure the word you wish to target is present in the title, in the first paragraphs as well as in the name of the file. While you're at it you might want to ensure the word springs up in the page 's last paragraph. Not only is this good for Adsense optimization, but it 's good for overal website seo as well.
5. it 's very important for your content to have original and compelling content. How do you do this? Well the easiest way to do it is to find something you're really passionate about. That way, providing you give it a lot of effort you're bound to have a great page quite fast.
6. If the content you use in your site is in the public domain make sure that you at least give it an original title, and add an opening and a closing paragraph of your own.
This takes a little while, but if, after waiting, you still can't find your page near the top, you should try rewriting your title and your first and last paragraphs. It doesn't take much, often just changing a few words will give you the right results.
7. Use good keyword tools that will help you in finding high paying keywords to include on your page that will drive visitors to your site more and more. I use Google Adword 's Keyword Tool. It will tell you how often the keyword is searched for. Also, there is a drop down menu that will tell you how much per click the advertisers are paying for a particular keyword or keyword phrase. I like to see keywords with at least a $4 or higher bid price. That way, I'll usually end up with about a dollar. It 's been said that you'll sometimes get around 25 percent of the bid price.
So those are about the basic techniques in search engine optimization. You can find a lot of computer tools to aid you in doing this, and of course, Google is a great place to search for this.
In the end, you'll find that Adsense optimization is a complex topic, and entire books have been written on the topic as well. You might find that you have a lot of optimization you need to do in order to get more and more visitors to your site and clicking those precious AdSense banners.
You need to have optimized niche website templates for best results. You may find the best adsense templates and blog templates that are Adsense optimized are the simple ones with few outgoing links. Leave the templates with all the fancy bells and whistles for the beginners. They don't covert well and they end up costing you Adsense clicks.
Source : Bill Miller / www.content4reprint.com